Terms of Service
1. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on ReadnHustle.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with ReadnHustle (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of ReadnHustle, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
4. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about ReadnHustle, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep ReadnHustle safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep ReadnHustle safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on ReadnHustle.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access ReadnHustle, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on ReadnHustle.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use ReadnHustle to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of ReadnHustle, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other ReadnHustle functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
3. Registration and Account Security
ReadnHustle users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on ReadnHustle, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use ReadnHustle if you are under 13.
- You will not use ReadnHustle if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
4. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights and expect you to do the same
- You will not post content or take any action on ReadnHustle that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on ReadnHustle if we believe that it violates our terms of service.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on ReadnHustle.
5. Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on ReadnHustle within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync their devices with any information that is visible to them on ReadnHustle.
6. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by ReadnHustle
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
7. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open-source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by these terms of service, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of ReadnHustle, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these terms of service or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of ReadnHustle to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 9.3, and 14-18.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this terms of service or ReadnHustle exclusively in a Lagos, Nigeria court, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of Lagos will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on ReadnHustle, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on ReadnHustle and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on ReadnHustle. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on ReadnHustle. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of ReadnHustle.
- WE TRY TO KEEP READNHUSTLE BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING READNHUSTLEI AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT READNHUSTLE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT READNHUSTLEI WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. READNHUSTLE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. AS A USER OF READNHUSTLE, YOU WAIVE ANY CIVIL CODE, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TERMS OF SERVICE OR READNHUSTLEI, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS TERMS OF SERVICE OR READNHUSTLE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, READNHUSTLE'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside, Spain, London, the United States, and Nigeria
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with ReadnHustle outside Spain, the United States, and Nigeria:
- You consent to have your personal data transferred to and processed in Spain, London, the United States, and Nigeria.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by Spain, London, Nigeria, the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on ReadnHustle (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use ReadnHustle if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States
- By "ReadnHustle" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.readnhustle.com and any other ReadnHustle branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) social plugins such as the the Share button and other similar offerings; and (c) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. ReadnHustle reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not these terms of service.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with ReadnHustle.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using ReadnHustle.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from ReadnHustle or provide to ReadnHustle.
- By "post" we mean post on ReadnHustle or otherwise made available by using ReadnHustle.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “Trademarks” we mean the ReadnHustle trademarks.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and ReadnHustle Nigeria Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean ReadnHustle Nigeria Limited, as appropriate.
- These terms of service make up the entire agreement between the parties regarding ReadnHustle and supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of these terms of service is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of these terms of service, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of these terms of service must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms of service to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under these terms of service are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms of service shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- These terms of service do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing ReadnHustle.
To access the terms of service in several different languages, change the language setting for your ReadnHustle session by clicking on the language link in the left corner of most pages. If the terms of service are not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version
This policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared.
What kinds of information do we collect?
We collect different kinds of information from or about you.
Things you do and the information you provide.
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use ReadnHustle, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use ReadnHustle, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
Things others do and the information they provide.
We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use ReadnHustle, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
Your networks and connections.
We collect information about the people and locations you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people or locations you communicate with the most. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from a device.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access ReadnHustle, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names, and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from third-party partners.
We receive information about you and your activities on and off ReadnHustle from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
How do we use this information?
We are passionate about creating engaging and customized experiences for people. We use all of the information we have to help us provide and support ReadnHustle. Here’s how:
Provide, improve and develop Services.
We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Services.
We also use the information we have to provide shortcuts and suggestions to you. For example, we are able to suggest that your friend tag you in a picture by comparing your friend's pictures to information we've put together from your profile pictures and the other photos in which you've been tagged. If this feature is enabled for you, you can control whether we suggest that another user tag you in a photo using the “Timeline and Tagging” settings.
When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like helping you to check-in and find local information or offers in your area.
We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Communicate with you.
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Show and measure ads and services.
We use the information we have to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services.
Promote safety and security.
How is this information shared?
Sharing On Our Services
People use our Services to connect and share with others. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
People you share and communicate with.
Public information is any information you share with a public audience, as well as information in your public profile, or content you share on ReadnHustle or another public forum. Public information is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV. In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off our Services.
People that see content others share about you.
Other people may use our Services to share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share a photo of you, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you that you shared with them.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing With Third-Party Partners and Customers
We work with third-party companies who help us provide and improve our Services or who use advertising or related products, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world.
Here are the types of third parties we can share information with about you:
Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only). We want our advertising to be as relevant and interesting as the other information you find on our Services. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 19 year old male, in Paris, who likes software engineering) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers, but only after the advertiser has agreed to abide by our advertiser guidelines.
Vendors, service providers, and other partners.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account at any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This includes responding to legal requests from jurisdictions all over the world where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with ReadnHustle, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our Services.
How to contact ReadnHustle with questions
Email: [email protected]